Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Potty Time Tuesday: Round Two


I tried back in June to potty train Blake, but he was still peeing about 20 times a day and it really wasn't working out-especially since I was letting him run around half naked and I was cleaning up little piddles all over the house! LOL! I decided that I'd wait a while before trying again. So last week I decided it was time for round two (and hopefully the final round!) Blake had been showing a lot of interest in the potty, he was giving me a hard time about diaper changes and he was letting me know when he peed and pooped.

I went with the same tecnique of letting him run around half naked and leaving a potty chair in his play area. He gets to help flush the potty if he goes, we do a happy dance and clap and cheer for him and he gets candy each time. (I'm doing my best to make him think that going on the potty is fun!) This is how it has gone so far:

Day 1: Pooped in the potty in the morning, peed in the potty 4 times in the afternoon.

Day 2: Only peed once in the potty in the afternoon and pooped in his diaper. (He had been wearing a diaper at naptime and nighttime.)

Day 3: Accidents in the morning. Peed in the potty twice in the afternoon and no poop all day.

Day 4: Only a couple accidents in the morning, then peed and pooped in the potty the rest of the day. (When I say pooped in the potty the rest of the day, I mean he pooped like 6 times! He was making up for the last couple days!)

Days 5&6: It was the weekend and we had places to go, so he didn't do well at all. Being that he wasn't letting us know when he had to go and was only going on his own, I didn't figure he was ready for the pottying anywhere but home anyway.

Day 7: Started with a couple accidents, including a poop accident, but not too bad for being off track all weekend.

It's now Day 8 and I'm hoping he gets on track enough that we can start seeing how he does with underwear/training pants on. I'm really not sure how he will do having to take his own underwear off or ask for help, so I'm concerned we'll be having a lot more accidents again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

For more Potty Time Tuesday, check out Healthy Moms.

5 comments:

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Hang in there! Good luck!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

We just got Jillian trained this past spring. Yeah for Blake!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

You go girl, I'm blessed my daycare lady trained Cole and almost Caden time. One nice thing about a grandma watching the boys! Yeah ... LOL
You hang in there sweetie, you're rocking the training ;)

Cascia Talbert said...

Congratulations on the potty training! It sounds like you are making wonderful progress with Blake.

Marissa said...

Wow, you're really making progress, congrats! I wish I could let my son run around half naked all day but he freaks out without his diaper on (and his pants for that matter) Sigh.

 
Blogging tips