Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blueberry Boy Bait

This is probably more commonly known as 'Blueberry Buckle', but since Rich's grandma told me what they used to call it, I've enjoyed using the name 'Blueberry Boy Bait'.  I have to say it would work quite well as 'bait' too...well, maybe more of a 'bribe'.  Being it is one of Blake's favorite foods, I'm pretty sure I can get him to do pretty much anything for this blueberry treat!  Maybe I should call is 'Blueberry Boy Bribe'? ;-)
 

Blueberry Boy Bait (Blueberry Buckle)
*3/4 cup sugar
*1/4 cup shortening
*1 egg
*1/2 cup milk
*2 cups sifted flour
*2 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp salt
*2 cups blueberries

Crumb topping:
*1/2 cup sugar
*1/3 cup sifted flour
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 cup soft butter

1.) Thoroughly mix together the sugar, shortening and egg.
2.) Stir in egg.
3.) Sift the flour baking powder and salt together and stir into shortening mixture.
4.) Spread batter in greased and floured 9" square pan.  (We use 8") Sprinkle with Crumb topping (Just mix the ingredients mixed together in a separate bowl.)
5.) Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until wooden toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.

Makes 9 servings.

This is a classic blueberry treat that I used to enjoy growing up.  It comes from the Betty Crocker Cookbook.

I linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and What's Cooking Wednesday:
Full Time Mama






whats-cooking-wednesday-image

6 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL I love the name she gave it!!!

The boys would love this. I'll have to make when the blueberries come in on my parents trees.

mail4rosey said...

It sounds delicious, but with a teen daughter, we'll have no boy bait in the house, thank you very much. ;) I'm calling it Blueberry Buckle. :D :)

We found the velvet posters, btw, at JoAnnes, and other crafting items, the kids are having a blast! TY for the tip.

Anonymous said...

You could bribe Opa whith it too!

An Apel a Day said...

The name is great! It kind of seems like a crisp. Looks good.

cman said...

That looks sooooo delicious! I'm a sucker for anything blueberry. I love the name too.

apple blossom said...

This sounds supper yummy!

 
Blogging tips