Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Zucchini Scramble

Our zucchinis have started coming!  I'm still waiting for the overabundance that we usually have, but for now I'm enjoying them as they come.  This is a new favorite dish that I came across last year and could eat it daily I like it SO much!  Delicious!  (It helps me use up eggs too!)
Zucchini Scramble:
*2 to 3 small zucchini (about 1 lb), sliced (I use 2 medium)
*1 medium onion, chopped
*2 Tbsp butter
*salt and pepper to taste
 *6 to 8 eggs, beaten
*1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use 1 cup)

In a skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add the eggs; cook and stir until set.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Remove from the heat; cover until cheese melts.  Yield 4-6 servings.


I linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and What's Cooking Wednesday:
Full Time Mama
whats-cooking-wednesday-image









 

7 comments:

mail4rosey said...

Sounds good. I love zucchini!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This sounds so yummy! Pinning this to my skillet recipes but it's also low carb.

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Looks awesome! Love finding the new ways to cook zucchini!! Featuring as my favorite this week! :)
Thanks so much Kristie! <3

Unknown said...

OMG this looks and sounds amazing!! I have been looking for new zucchini recipes...I have like a million of them! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Marissa said...

Yum! My kids love zucchini and we are always eating eggs. I think I'll be making this in the near future :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

HOLY Smokes trying this one!!

momo said...

(Zucchinni Scramble review) This recipe looks really good. I will give this one a try to see if it turns out looking like this.

 
Blogging tips