Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Using Up Leftover Ham

I made a ham a little while ago and did my best to use it in omelets and grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, but there was so much left!  I still need to find more ways to use it before it went bad and ended up making these two delicious dishes!

Four Ingredient Ham Casserole:
8 ounces egg noodles (cooked via package directions)
1 cup cubed ham
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine ingredients in a 1.5 quart casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until warmed through.

 
Pretty Penne Ham Skillet:
1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 large red pepper, diced (I used green)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley (I used a smaller quantity of dry)
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh basil or 1/2 tsp dried basil
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbs butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (12-14 ounces) chicken broth
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
 
 
Directions:
(FYI-I halved the recipe and it still made a lot!)
 
* Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the ham, red pepper, onion, parsley, basil and oregano in oil and butter for 4-6 minutes or until ham is browned and vegetables are tender.  Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
 
* Stir in broth and lemon juice.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.  Drain pasta; stir into ham mixture.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Yield: 6 servings.
 
(I found this recipe through Taste of Home's website.)
 
I linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and What's Cooking Wednesday:
Full Time Mama
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
whats-cooking-wednesday-image

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Pretty Penne Ham skillet looks good! I want to try it. Oma

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you, I pinned both of them! They look delicious.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ohhh love it u know my love of ham. The boys would love love it!!!! Ill have to make for them then again when I can have carbs.

 
Blogging tips