Thursday, November 19, 2009

Crayons + Walls = 'Broken' Arms

A couple weeks ago I found out the hard way (the way I tend to learn things with my kids) that I missed putting a crayon away after coloring time. This is what happened:

You can't see Morgan's face, but she is smiling-very proud of her artwork!

This is the wall next to her bed.

This is the wall at the head of her bed.

Morgan informed me that this was the face that she drew. (Not too bad for never drawing a face before!) My first thought when I saw it was that it had a very strange resemblance to this:


'The Scream'

I think Morgan knew what her Mom was going to feel like doing when she saw the walls! LOL!


I couldn't believe how much Morgan colored the walls (and ceiling) above her bed in such a short period of time! What's worse is that she kept saying "This is fun, Mommy!" as she helped clean it up! All I could think is 'Please no! Don't be fun! I really don't want to clean this up again!' After helping wash for a while, she started telling me her arm was broken and that she needed a new one. I'm hoping the 'broken' arm ruined the fun and she doesn't plan on coloring murals on the wall anymore. (Though hearing her say that was pretty darn cute! I love hearing the way a 3 year old thinks!) Thankfully the crayon was washable and it didn't take long to clean up. I'm still going to more careful about putting ALL the crayons away after coloring time from now on though! ;-)

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm am glad that it cleaned up so well. OMG that is so stinkin' cute.
It does look alittle like "Scream"
What was she thinking? How did she suddenly think that was okay?

Cascia Talbert said...

She is a very talented artist. I hope you can get it all off of the wall! My kids do this all the time. The only way we are able to get it off is with the magic eraser, but it looks like you will need a ton of those to erase her artwork!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Oh no!! Knock on wood that doesn't happen to me...! Did it come off?

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh sweetie! yup the words on my wall not that bad. I'm so glad it was easy to clean up! LOL I so can see the scream!

Oh Morgan you're going to give your mom grey hair ;)

Marissa said...

Wow, that is quite a lot of drawing that she did! Pretty good for a three year old, though! At least she didn't color on the compute monitor screen like mine did :)

Erin Lowmaster said...

Hey, she's a budding artist! I recall drawing on the wall when I was kid too! lol

Oh, congrats on winning the GooseBerry Patch Gift Card on my blog! I've a lot of giveaway winners to announce but you should be getting an email from me by the end of the day, unless you want to email me your information first :) (erinlowmaster at gmail .com)

 
Blogging tips