I've been making these biscuits ever since Rich and I were married and I still haven't gotten tired of them. They're too good to resist!!
*2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
*1 Tablespoon baking powder
*1 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon baking soda
*1/4 cup vegetable oil
*3/4 cup buttermilk (I put lemon juice or vinegar in milk)
*6 Tablespoons butter, softened
*3/4 cup granulated sugar
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in vegetable oil. Add buttermilk and stir until blended.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15x8 rectangle.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan lightly.
4. Spread butter over the dough. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter. Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side. Pinch seam to seal.
5. Cut the roll into 1-1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan, Bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool and drizzle icing overtop.
*1/2 cup powdered sugar
*1 Tablespoon milk
*1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Combine ingredients. Add milk until icing is desired consistency.
I linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and What's Cooking Wednesday: