I came across this recipe on allrecipes.com and oh my are they amazing! I always think of zucchini baked goods as being more 'cakey', but these are actually a little more on the fudgy side. I actually made these twice in two days and Blake asked for them for his birthday cake! :-)
*1/2 cup vegetable oil
*1-1/2 cups white sugar
*2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*2 cups all-purpose flour
*1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
*1 teaspoon salt
*2 cups shredded zucchini
*1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. (At this point my dough looked more like crumbles than dough, but I just dumped it into the pan and pushed it into place.) Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched
6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup margarine
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt together the cocoa an margarine and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, blend together the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares. (I only put in enough milk to make it the consistency I wanted or added more sugar...it's up to you!)
I linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and What's Cooking Wednesday: