Monday, April 5, 2010

Make Something Monday: Beef Tamale Crockpot Pie

Make Something Monday

This is yet another recipe from Alexis at Running Away? I'll help you pack. I had to buy a few ingredients for this that we don't typically have around, but it was well worth it! The kids didn't eat it as well, but Rich and I LOVED it! This is definitely something that we'll be making again!

Beef Tamale Crockpot Pie

  • 1lb lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloved garlic, minced
  • 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
  • 6 oz. package corn muffin mix
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
  • 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, undrained
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I left this out)

In nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is cooked. Drain thoroughly and stir in drained kidney beans and enchilada sauce. Pour into 4-5 quart crockpot.

In large bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, milk, butter and egg just until combined. Then add cheese and chilies, including chili liquid. Spoon over beef in crockpot.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread mixture comes out clean. In small bowl combine sour cream, salsa, and cilantro; serve with pie. 4 servings

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you!
Blessings,
andrea

Unknown said...

My gosh, that looks great!

Thanks for coming over, so much appreciated!

xoxo

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOVE it my dear, you're so sweet for the shout out!! HUGS

I'm so glad your's turned out I did mine in the oven and it was super yummy. I left out the cilantro too :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love tamale crockpot pie. I have a recipe that I like without meat that I can make for my daughter who doesn't eat meat. I just love it with sour cream! I just may have to try this one. Thanks.

 
Blogging tips