I started a cross-stitch for a friend that was a larger project than I realized. I wanted to make something for her little one that she was due for a day before Blake's birthday so, at the time I started, I had a little less than 3 months to get it done. Anyway, I took pictures as I went and sent them to my mom and sister...kind of a way to make myself accountable for the work I had to do. I did most of the work after the kids went to bed, since the days were too busy. The first picture is exactly one week's worth of stitching and the rest are either one or two weeks depending on if I remembered to take a picture ;-)
Later August 27th (finished stitching...or so I thought)
So, on August 28th, I planned to take the cross-stitch and have it matted and framed. I got up that morning and checked facebook at which point I noticed new pictures of the baby (who is beautiful, by the way) taken by the pros. On the side of the pictures I noticed that the weight was different than what was announced...and what I had already stitched. Panic set it. Turns out the hospital got the initial weight wrong... I had to tear out that portion of the backstitching and restitch it quick, so I was still able to have it matted and framed that day.
And here it is! The finished picture. The cross-stitched portion is 12"x12", so the whole picture, framed, is about 16"x16". I didn't want to take the plastic off of it, because it was protecting the frame and glass, but I think you get the idea of how it turned out. :-)
I haven't cross-stitched that much through the summer since I was a kid and used to cross-stitch for 4-H. As an adult, I think I'm going to be saving my stitchin' time for winter time from now on. ;-)