Friday, January 9, 2009

Onion Cheese Biscuits

I love trying new recipes, especially if it's a baked good! When my mom gave me a cookbook for Christmas, I knew I'd be having fun trying out all sorts of goodies in it. Well, today I was paging through the cookbook, since I still haven't looked all the way through it, and found something that I wanted to try and actually had the ingredients for (except for the poppy seeds, but oh well). So here it is:

Onion Cheese Biscuits

1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 Tbsp butter
1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

In a bowl, combine the milk, egg and butter. Add biscuit mix, 1/2 cup cheese and onion. Spoon into six greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds and remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 6 biscuits.

I tried a part of one and they're not too bad, especially if you like onion and cheese! The reason I only tried a part of one is they are 240 calories each and I'm still trying to count calories. I'd probably make them again, if Rich likes them too. I think they'd be great to go with a nice Sunday dinner or even just for a snack! :-)

No comments:

 
Blogging tips