Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries

I tried another new recipe today. I know, I'm on a roll! This recipe wasn't from my new cookbook, though. I found this one online. My parents gave us some of their perishable food before they went back to Germany and some of it was sweet potatoes! I had a craving for fries and really wanted to see how sweet potatoes tasted as fries, so after looking at several recipes and reviews, I decided to make the following recipe.

Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Lawry's Garlic Powder with Parsley
1/4 tsp chili powder
1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
3 Tbsp Olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In small bowl, combine seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder with parsley and chili powder; set aside.
2. In large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with Olive oil; sprinkle with seasoning mixture and toss to coat. On jelly roll pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, arrange potatoes in single layer.
3. Roast, turning once, 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden. Serve, if desired, with additional Seasoned salt.

I was thinking that sweet potatoes needed seasonings like brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, but these fries were quite good! If I happen to have sweet potatoes again, I think I would definitely make more fries. Plus Morgan loved them! She kept asking for more and more and more...

I have to thank Allrecipes for the wonderful recipe. I love using their site!

No comments:

 
Blogging tips