Monday, March 1, 2010

My Week in Lansing

I'm back! I've actually been back since around 9:00 pm Friday night. I've been busy trying to catch up with everyone. (I'm sorry if I haven't made it to visit your blog yet-I promise I'll be by soon!) Plus we've had a couple places to go and then a boatload of laundry to do and unpacking, etc.

The week was great! Rich and I left early and stayed Monday night in Lansing. We originally planned on going Tuesday morning, but with the snow storm and a few other factors, leaving Monday was a much better way to go!

I was able to meet up with an old friend, Michelle, on Tuesday. I went over to her house and we just talked to whole time! I think I was there for 7 hours and we never even stopped for lunch! LOL! Catching up was wonderful and I hope it isn't another 4 years before I see her again. (I do plan to make it to see her and her new baby this summer, though! Yay!) Plus Rich and I ate out Tuesday night at one of my favorite places when I lived over there, the Texas Roadhouse. Yum!

Wednesday I was hooked on HGTV ALL day! I seriously only left the room to workout in the morning and get online for about 20 minutes. I even kept sending Rich away, so he wouldn't bug me during my shows! LOL! He wanted time with the guys anyway, so it seemed to work out fairly well. I think I had enough HGTV in me to last until my next opportunity to have cable TV. I got a little cross-stitching in as well, but not nearly as much as I would have liked.

Thursday was my day to meet up with Alexia from The Mommy Rambles and I had a wonderful time! We went to see 'When in Rome' and then ate at another place that I remember liking when I lived that way, The Claddagh. It's kinda like an Irish Pub and the food was delicious! We did a little shopping for the kiddos afterwards and I probably talked Alexia's ear off. (Sorry if I did!) It was awesome to finally meet, though, and I totally wish we lived closer so we could get together more often!

Thursday night was the conference banquet, so I had to get all dressed up and mingle. There were a lot more women there than I thought there would be, but most had only come for that night to see their husband get the certificate that Rich was receiving as well. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I actually enjoyed myself after a glass of wine! LOL!

Friday was check out and go home day. I caught a little more HGTV before having to leave the room. I waited the last 3 hours in the lounge before Rich got done with the conference. I sat there watching the snow come down thinking we were going to have to check back in, but we made it out and back home safely. (We couldn't make it up our driveway though and carrying a sleeping Morgan through snowdrifts to get in the house was quite the workout!) The kids didn't miss us at all, but were happy to see us. I, of course, couldn't stop hugging and kissing them....I definitely missed them!

And that was the extent of last week! Oh! I'm still doing awesome with lent. I have yet to have an ounce of pop and my water intake is much much more than it used to be! I'll admit that I'm realizing that I can drink more than water though! I've had a strawberry lemonade, wine, and a few Smirnoff Ice's that I probably wouldn't have had if pop was still okay to have, but water is definitely still number one on my drink menu! :-)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

So glad you had such a great time! Texas Roadhouse is one our fav places to go as well. Sounds like you got to relax a lot, which I know you deserve.

Good job on the no pop intake!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Glad you had a good time and then got home safely.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Smirnoff Ice, love them! Sounds like it was a wonderful week. Good for you.

Caroline said...

So glad you had a good time.
Caroline

Pam said...

Great week you had girl! I love HGTV...House Hunters...so fun!

Good Luck with Lent!

xoxo

Cascia Talbert said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip and you are back safely.

Good for you sticking with your Lenten fasting from pop! I gave up sweets this year and boy that is tough enough for me.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by Healthy Moms and leave us a comment.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Welcome back my dear!!!

Good job on the water and no pop you freaking rock!!

I'm so glad you were able to meet another blogger that is so awesome!

Good for you enjoying yourself!!!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Sounds like a great time!! I'd be missing my kids like crazy too, but it was probably nice to have some time off. =)

 
Blogging tips