Monday, March 29, 2010

Make Something Monday: Baked Oatmeal

Make Something Monday


Alexia, at The Mommy Rambles, posted this recipe a few weeks ago and it sounded so interesting that I had to give it a try! We made it for breakfast one morning and we all loved it! Though Morgan did say it would have been better without raisins-the little stinker! LOL!


Baked Oatmeal

  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries (both Alexia and I used raisins)

1. Mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.

2. Beat in milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.

3. Stir in cranberries.

4. Spread in 9x13 baking pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Baked oatmeal is so easy and yummy to make!

xoxo

Wendy said...

Looks so yummy! I am going to have to try this!

I have something for you over on my Money Saving Mama in Michigan blog!! Have a great day.

http://moneysavingmamainmichigan.blogspot.com/2010/03/better-basket-blog-hopblog-for-great.html

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds really good. I will have to try this one. Thank you.

Caroline said...

As always sounds great !!!! Of course I'm gonna try it !!!!
Caroline :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ohhh yummy I think I have all this! I'll have to try it :)

 
Blogging tips