Thursday, March 25, 2010

Odds & Ends

Just a little over a week left of lent and I'm still pop (soda) free! I've noticed the hardest times to avoid it are at restaurants, because I'd still like to order my diet Coke/Pepsi and at my parents' place! They have cans of pop easily available at any time, so that's tough...not as bad as it would have been at the beginning though! I hope that giving pop up for lent will kick-start healthier drinking and hopefully healthier eating! :-)
**************

So did anyone else notice that I tend to spell 'refrigerator' wrong? I didn't even realize it until after posting the St. Patrick's Day activities with the kids....and I couldn't even change it, because it was spelled wrong in the picture too! Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed! I now know that 'refrigerator' does NOT have a 'D' in it....and I'm pretty sure I'll never forget-LOL!

***************

I went for my first run this year last night! The kids went to bed early because they hadn't had a nap and Rich was home and suggested I run for my workout. It felt SO good to run again! I've been trying for the last couple years to get back into it, but my knees tend to start hurting and I have to stop for a while, then I don't start up again. Hopefully I can make it to a doctor soon and figure out what's up with my knees...I never had problems with them before having kids! Anyway, I made it 2 whole miles non-stop! I'm so excited! A little sore, but my knees are okay...so far. :-)
****************

So Rich gathered our chickens' eggs last night and brought them in to me saying he had 2-1/2 eggs for me. I could not figure out what he was talking about, until I saw this....
*The bigger of the eggs is actually a normal size egg*

We don't have little chickens to lay little eggs, yet somehow we ended up with a little egg! (Isn't it cute?) We haven't had chickens long enough to know all the little oddities about them and the eggs, so maybe this is common? Anyway, I thought it was neat and wanted to share! :-)

*************
With Easter coming up, I wanted to show you a couple things that Morgan has done.
She entered her first coloring contest through a local newspaper!
She painted this a while ago. I don't think she was trying to make anything in particular, but I like how it resembles an Easter bunny...sort of ;-)

Both Morgan and Blake saw the Easter bunny at the mall yesterday too. They were so excited to go see him, but when they got to him, all they would do is stand a good distance away and wave-LOL! They were still given bunny ear hats for visiting the Easter bunny and they loved wearing those bunny ears! :-)

11 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful painting!..so fun and that's one BIG egg..he he!

Enjoy!

xoxo

Wendy said...

Thanks for the update! So proud of you for being pop free for so long! I need to do the same.

Love the litte egg! It is to cute.

Morgan is adorable and did a great job with her coloring page!

Have a great rest of the day!

Cascia Talbert said...

Those eggs are something else. I would love to be able to gather my own eggs.

Morgan is a talented little artist. Have a terrific Thursday!

Nancy M. said...

Yay for giving up sodas! I haven't drank them in 14 years. Now they just seem all bubbly!

That is quite a small egg, looks kinda like a golf ball!

Morgan is very artistic!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I can't believe you're still off pop. Oh man I'm so jealous. I have cut it back a lot one every few days but not all together. Coffee is my true vice!

LOL I never noticed the refrigerator spelling ... see how much I pay attention.

Wow look at you go girl, running so not my thing I have a torn ACL in my right knee so the elliptical is my only friend. I did get up to 4 miles in 50 min. yeah I wish I could back to the 8 miles I use to do in an hour but I doubt I will do that after baby ... lol

Oh live bunnies how fun!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Good for you on the soda thing and the running thing!! That's so awesome! Morgan is quite talented! Crazy egg, but way cute! =)

Caroline said...

Wonderful painting and YaY for no Pop/soda.I only drink one can a day then sometimes I don't even drink one. We have pop here all the time I just try to stay away from it.
Caroline

Felicia said...

Congratulations on the soda!! I know that was a battle I fought when I was in high school and I have never regretted getting that stuff away from me!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Running, good for you. Glad you staying away from the soda. Keep it up, it's better for you. Morgan colored that picture really well.

Alexia said...

I've gotta cut back on my pop intake again *sigh*

I like that "bunny" picture of Morgan's too :)

Marissa said...

I really love the colors she used for the painting - beautiful! And that's such a cute little egg. At first I thought the bigger one was a giant egg!

 
Blogging tips