Monday, March 8, 2010

Make Something Monday: Snickerdoodle Blondies

Make Something Monday

Alexis posted yet another recipe that I just HAD to try! First of all it was for something that I already loved, but a whole lot easier to make since I didn't have to roll each cookie in cinnamon sugar. Secondly, I was starving from a lack of being able to eat, after having my wisdom teeth out, and was hoping that I could nibble on these and they'd melt in my mouth! LOL!

Snickerdoodle Blondies

  • 2-2/3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter-room temperature
  • 2 eggs-room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp sugar mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar 3-5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time mixing after each. Add vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in flour mixture and spread in greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle combined sugar and cinnamon mixture over top and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don't over bake!! Cool and cut.

8 comments:

Thena said...

I love simple recipes. Can't wait to try it.

Andrea said...

Yummy.....thanks!!

Pam said...

Hope your mouth is healing well and the bars look divine!

xoxo

Alexia said...

I love the simple stuff. But why are sweets always the easiest? LOL

I gave you an award: http://themommyrambles.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I hadn't tried these yet but I love Snickerdoodles. So how did they compare, did you like them?
I did peanut butter blondies at Christmas and my family loved them.

Caroline said...

My Jennifer loves Snickerdoodles. I have to try these. Thanx
Caroline

Alexis AKA MOM said...

yeah I'm so glad you liked them!! They were a huge hit with the neighbors I did sneak one before sending them over :)

You're turned out beautiful! Thanks for the shoot out! HUGS

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Oi... The last thing I need is more yummy (fattening!) snacks to tempt me. =) But I just may have to make these. If you AND Alexis likes them, they must be good. =)

 
Blogging tips