Monday, February 15, 2010

Make Something Monday: Mexican Seashell Casserole Variation

I took yet another recipe from Alexis at Running Away? I'll help you pack. If it wasn't for all her yummy posts, I probably wouldn't have anything to post myself on Mondays! LOL! Thank you Alexis! :-)



Mexican Seashell Casserole variation:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
  • 1 Tbs chili powder
  • 2-1/2 cups rotini (called for small shells, but I didn't have any)
  • 1 c. sliced onions
  • 2 cups salsa (called for 1-1/2 c. tomato juice, but I didn't have any)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup corn (didn't call for it, but saw Alexis put it in hers and it sounded good!)

Brown ground beef, onions, corn and green peppers in skillet until onions are tender. Add salsa, chili powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly, simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Cool rotini in salted boiling water until tender. Combine with meat mixture. Makes 4 servings.

Super easy! I didn't know how I was going to like it without cheese. For some reason when I think of casseroles, I think of cheese, but it was delicious without it! :-)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds yummy.
Blessings, andrea

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds very good and very easy. I always have rotini too!

Caroline said...

Sounds so Yummy !!!!
Caroline

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

If I wasn't still full from dinner, this would look amazing! LOL! Glad it was good. I'll have to remember it for the future (when I'm hungry... LOL!).
=)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Yeah it looks amazing my dear! You crack me up I'm so glad someone is actually making from what I post :)

Corn yup we had a major melt down last night because I couldn't put corn into the meal. Oh poor Caden ... LOL

Muah thanks my dear!

 
Blogging tips