Friday, February 5, 2010

Leap Year

Last weekend, on our girls weekend, we had every intention of making it to the movies to see Leap Year. After the long day Saturday and with a worn out little girl on Sunday, we never made it. So yesterday my sister came home for a long weekend and she, my mom and I went to dinner and saw Leap Year after my mom got out of work. Well worth it!

If you haven't seen previews for Leap Year, let me share the synopsis with you:

"A woman (Amy Adams) heads to Ireland in order to force her boyfriend (Adam Scott) to accept her wedding proposal by scheduling it on leap day, the only time when he couldn't refuse due to the country's tradition in this Spyglass Entertainment romantic comedy. Shopgirl's Anand Tucker directs from a script by Harry Elfont and Deborah Kaplan. Matthew Goode co-stars as a handsome innkeeper who throws a wrench into the woman's plans." - Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide


What a cute movie! It was one of those movies that gave me a warm cozy feeling. I loved that it took place in Ireland! The scenery throughout the movie was just beautiful. It took me back to my trip to Ireland when I was in high school and made me want to go back! (Plus I have a bit of Irish in me, so that definitely helps my love of Ireland and it's people!)

The chemistry between Amy Adams and Matthew Goode was amazing! Their love-hate relationship was adorable and I'll admit that I fell in love with both their characters. I couldn't help but want things to work in the direction that things were heading, which leads me to the next point...

The movie is totally predictable, but I think every romantic comedy is. It's the journey to where you know the movie is headed that makes it so fun and worth watching! :-)

Leap Year is a definite must see for every romantic comedy loving woman! It is also perfect for a girls night out! ;-)

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for the recommendation.
Blessings, andrea

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for the review. I really like Amy Adams. I will have to get myself to the show!

Wendy said...

I have been wanting to see that movie. Maybe I will call one of my girlfriends and go see it next week. Thanks for the review!

Have a great weekend.

Wendy

Alexia said...

I *just* posted my review of Leap Year! LOL

Caroline said...

Thanx for the review and it sounds like a winner.
Caroline

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

I am all about predictable (HAPPY) endings... =) This does look cute. Thanks for recommending it! Now, will I be able to get my husband to watch it with me? =)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I can't wait for it to come on DVD, since you know I never get out ... LOL

I'm glad to hear it's good! ;)

 
Blogging tips