Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Potty Time Tuesday: Bath Time


There is actually nothing new in the potty training department this week. The last time Blake went on the potty was the only time he has gone on the potty. We are continuing to just sit him on the potty when he feels like it-usually once or twice a day. Since we haven't progressed any in potty training, I wanted to share a bath story instead.

Last night, when I went to give Blake his bath, I did the usual getting the tub full of water and adding a few toys for him to play with. I got Blake undressed and stood him in the water. As he was still standing there, I saw this little stream of fluid coming from him, so I grabbed him up and sat him on the potty. Well, I had to empty to the tub and refill it, so I let Blake sit on the potty while I was working at getting him some fresh water to bath in. I should have realized that Blake was being too quiet, but I didn't. When I turned around the roll of toilet paper had nearly been emptied. I rolled the toilet paper back onto the roll as the water filled in the tub again. I took Blake straight from the potty and set him in the new clean water to have another go at giving him his bath. Apparently he was to busy unrolling the toilet paper while he was on the potty to finish going, because as soon as he got back in the water he peed again...

So, the third time was the charm last night. Blake got his bath and as far as I know he didn't bathe in his own bodily fluids. It made me wonder, though, how many times he has peed in the tub without me knowing. Gross, right? I try not to think about it too much...LOL!

To participate in Potty Time Tuesdays, head on over to Healthy Moms.

2 comments:

Alexia said...

I'm sure my boys have bathed more than once in their own pee - if it makes you feel better...urine is sterile. I was told (by a very informed source) that you could drink your urine if you were without water.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to take their word for it LOL

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL boys .... my boys same way ... LOL

 
Blogging tips