Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blake: Melting My Heart and Making Me Laugh

As a parent I always feel like I'm messing up.  I'll lose my patience or give in when I know I shouldn't or...well, this list could go on forever.  But then there are times when I know I must be doing something, at least somewhat, right.  Some of those times come when Blake says things like these:

After being deep in thought:

"I think there are three kings...God, Jesus and Burger King."

After coming home from school one day:

"Mrs. S. said her mom almost died, but the doctors made her better....I think God helped too."

Out of the blue:

"I think we all have two fathers...our dads and God."



Blake doesn't know it, but he's definitely reminding me there is One who is always going to love me, despite my imperfections, and guide me through motherhood.  I am so blessed that God trusted me to care for 'His' little children!!

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was fun. I love his thoughts and who could resist that smile! Have a great weekend.

mail4rosey said...

You've got some good looking kiddos!!

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

So true. And I would hate to have had to raise my daughters without Him by my side. Sounds like you are doing a great job instilling faith in your little one.

 
Blogging tips