Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finger Painting with Chocolate Pudding!

I came across an activity to do with Morgan and Blake, in the Wiggle Giggle Learn program, that was finger painting with chocolate pudding. It sounded like a lot of fun, but I did not have any chocolate pudding in the house and had to make it from scratch.
It took me an hour of constant stirring to make and it never boiled on 'low' like it was suppose to, but still turned out okay. The kids sure had fun with it...

Since the 'paint' was chocolate pudding, they had to taste it first-of course! :-)



Then Morgan started painting.


After eating quite a bit of pudding, Blake decided he would also like to try painting...


.,..but decided that eating the 'paint' was a lot more satisfying. LOL!

This was definitely a worth while activity for the kids. (Though I will plan ahead and buy the pudding next time! LOL!) Morgan loved being able to paint for a while, then lick her fingers clean, then go back to painting again. In her little eyes, it was the best activity ever! Blake just loved eating it, which was great! (Better to eat the pudding paint than real finger paints! LOL!) I even had fun sneaking aside and grabbing my own bowl of 'paint' to eat. ;-)

4 comments:

Alexia said...

It's a good idea, but the boys would never consider painting with it - chocolate pudding is gone before I can blink my eyes in this house!

Nicole Feliciano said...

Looks like good messy fun!

Cascia Talbert said...

What a great idea. I'm going to have to try that with my kids. What were they painting on? Wax paper?

Kristie said...

Yep-it is wax paper that is taped to the table/highchair that they are painting on. :-)

 
Blogging tips