Monday, November 29, 2010

Family Devotion Time

Each night, the kids and I (and sometimes Rich when he has the chance) do a preschool devotion after bedtime stories. It has been wonderful for the kids. The devotion is short, so it keeps the kiddos attention and asks a simple question or two to engage them in what is being taught. It also has a bible verse and a prayer to go along with what we're learning....and when I say 'we', I mean me too! Even though the devotions are meant for little ones, I always feel like I go away with reminders of God's love and what it means to be a Christian. I love the devotion time that we have each night and it's made me think seriously of doing a devotion either on my own or as a couple with Rich in the near future! For now, I'm happy with that special time with the kiddos learning more about God. Plus I love that we're starting the routine now, so hopefully it will be something that the kids will continue even after they've grown up and left home :-)

Here is a video of the kiddos doing one of the prayers in their devotional that I recorded back in the Spring because I wanted to remember their cute little voices praying :-)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

They will not forget! My guys are grown now and they still remember those precious times with mom and Bible!
Hugs,
andrea

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh sweetheart!!! I so need to have the boys to start to doing this with me. LOVE ya girl!

Alexia said...

I love listening to the boys pray <3

Together We Save said...

That is so wonderful!! Sounds like you are an amazing mom.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a beautiful thing you are doing. Sweet video.

 
Blogging tips