Friday, April 19, 2013

"Evolution of Music" by Pentatonix

If you haven't seen this yet, you should! This group is very talented!! I could definitely listen to them all day.  I've always enjoyed A Capella :-)
Here is the breakdown of the songs they cover in this medley:
11th Century
"Salve Regina"
1600s
"Canon in D" – Pachelbel
1800s
"Symphony No. 5" – Beethoven
1910s
"Danny Boy" – Frederic Weatherly
1920s
"Old Man River" – Jerome Kern & Oscar Hammerstein II
1930s
"Minnie the Moocher" – Cab Calloway
1940s
"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" – The Andrew Sisters
1950s
"I Walk the Line" – Johnny Cash
"La Bamba" – Ritchie Valens
1960s
"Stand By Me" – Ben E King
"Barbara Ann" – The Beach Boys
"I Want to Hold Your Hand" – The Beatles
"Respect" – Aretha Franklin
1970s
"ABC" – The Jackson Five
"Bohemian Rhapsody" – Queen
1980s
"Celebration" – Kool & The Gang
"Don’t Stop Believin'" – Journey
"Thriller" – Michael Jackson
1990s
"U Can’t Touch This" – MC Hammer
"Baby One More Time" – Britney Spears
"Say My Name" – Destiny's Child
"I Want It That Way" – Backstreet Boys
2000s
"Hey Ya" – Outkast
"Drop it Like it's Hot" – Snoop Dogg
"Crazy" – Gnarls Barkley
"Hips Don't Lie" – Shakira
"Single Ladies" – Beyoncé
"I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry
"Bad Romance" – Lady Gaga
"I Got a Feeling" – Black Eyed Peas
2010s
"Baby" – Justin Bieber
"We Found Love" – Rihanna
"Some Nights" – fun.
"Somebody That I Used to Know – Gotye
"Gangnam Style" – PSY
"Call Me Maybe" – Carly Rae Jepsen

4 comments:

mail4rosey said...

hey, that's fun!! I like it. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so cool, thanks for sharing it!

Vi (pronounced Vy) said...

love this post about music!

I just gave you an award on my site. There's a meme that goes along with it. Please stop by! www.shebecameabutterfly.net. Also of ouata.wordpress.com

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OHHH very talented! Love them

 
Blogging tips