Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Delicious Beer Bread

Have you ever been to a Tastefully Simple party and just LOVED the beer bread but couldn't part with the money to buy it.  After having to buy the beer to make it, that loaf of bread would be like $7!!  That's more just about any meal I make!  LOL!  Well, this loaf of bread is pretty yummy itself and probably only around $2.  It's great with dips and spreads (especially the spinach and artichoke kind), but I like to make it to go with chili and soup too!
 
Beer Bread
*3 cups flour
*4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
*1 teaspoon salt
*3 Tablespoons sugar
*1 12 ounce can/bottle of beer
*4 Tablespoons butter (melted)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and beer.  Mis just until blended.  Scoop into prepared baking pan.  Pour melted butter on top of loaf.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until bottom of load sounds hollow when tapped.

*The original recipe came from allrecipes.com.

I linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and What's Cooking Wednesday:
Full Time Mamawhats-cooking-wednesday-image

4 comments:

mail4rosey said...

My sister-in-law makes Beer Bread that's good, and this one turned out really nice looking!

Greetings from a fellow Michigander. ;) :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds very good. I will have to try this one.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh carbs! I love this I can't wait to try this recipe! It looks so yummy

Sarah said...

This looks DELISH! And now I'm off to waste another 20 minutes looking around your blog! New follower and I hope you'll follow back!

 
Blogging tips