Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cabbage Roll Casserole

I never thought I was a huge cabbage fan, but a few years ago Rich and I were given cabbages from his grandma.  I had no idea what to do with it at first, but then came up with several ways to use it.  Now I even enjoy growing it myself!  This is something my mom makes, but didn't really have a recipe, so I kinda wrote down something that worked for me. I'll admit that it doesn't look pretty, but it's super simple to make and tastes great...especially topped with some soy sauce!
 

Cabbage Roll Casserole
1 lb ground beef, NOT browned
1 can tomato soup
1  soup can of water
1/4 cup rice
2 cups egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste
chopped cabbage
*I even add garlic salt and extra tomatoes from the garden in the fall.

Combine all ingredients, except cabbage, in a 2-1/2 quart baking dish.  Add enough cabbage to fill the dish the rest of the way and combine again.  Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 2 hours.

I love to be able to make this up in the morning...maybe takes 5 minutes.  I'll just throw it in the fridge until 2 hours before we plan to eat and then throw it in the oven. Nothing needs to be precooked and it's just SO SIMPLE!  LOVE it! :-)

I've linked up to Delicious Dish Tuesdays and What's Cooking Wednesday:
Full Time Mama

3 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

My mom would make that when I was young it was one of my favs too. I'm a lover of cabbage :) the boys not so much.

Sometimes the meals that aren't the prettiest are the yummiest :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I need to try this one, it sounds really tasty and so easy to make!
Thank you for sharing.

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

This looks great! Love that it's got simple ingredients.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! You should link it up here too: http://caroleschatter.blogspot.com/2013/04/cauliflower-cabbage-recipe-links-Food-Friday.html

 
Blogging tips