Friday, April 5, 2013

Blake's March Art Class

I had put Blake in an art class last fall.  He spent two hours each Saturday for five Saturdays creating a few things like postcards, cards, foam ornaments, etc.  I figured that was pretty good, but wasn't really sure about it.
 
I then discovered an artist that has a studio in my hometown. I heard about her several times within about a month after Blake's fall class, so I figured that was a sign to look into other options. After contacting her, I was able to sign up for her e-mail list and eventually get Blake enrolled in one of her sessions.
Blake made this in his 'trial' class.  I took him to one class in the February session to make sure he would be okay in the class, since it's actually for 7-12 year olds.  (Blake is only 5 and won't be 6 until August.)
 
 Blake's color wheel zebra.
 
I didn't catch what this one was all about, but I think they used chalk, colored pencil and paint to create it? 
 
Blake REALLY liked making this!  They actually rolled out clay and placed templates on the clay to cut around the tile, bunny and carrot.  Then they used a special glue to glue the bunny and carrot to the tile.
 

The last art project in March's session.  The neatest part of this was creating the mosaic vase look with eggshells!  The kids thought that was pretty fun!
 
A closer look at the eggshells. :-)
 
I am completely amazed by this class and all that is taught in it!  SO much better than just a few paper projects and it's actually even a better price than the one Blake took in the fall. It's only 1-1/2 hours on Tuesdays after school and my parents live on the way there, so I can drop Morgan off for some time with her 'Oma' while Blake is in class.  On top of that, the teacher is wonderfully sweet and patient.  We couldn't have asked for a better experience!  Blake liked it so much that we decided to put him in the April session too. :-)

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you got that sign. He is very talented. Love the Zebra and the mountain waterfall picture especially however they are all really awesome!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

WOW that really is an amazing class. I never heard of a class that gives that many mediums to work with! That really was a great investment.

I love all the projects

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

WOW, those are amazing! I'd love to find a great class like that for my kids. I considered signing them up for an art class through the community center that they're doing tumbling and baseball through right now, but we haven't decided for sure yet. This makes me want to look into it a bit closer though...
GREAT JOB BLAKE!! Can't wait to see what he does in his April class!!

Anonymous said...

Kris,
The photos of Blakes pictures look great on the internet, mostly the egg shells.

As always, great job Blake!

Oma

 
Blogging tips