Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Garlic and Herb Pull-Apart Biscuits

Over Easter weekend my mom had made some awesome pull-apart bread that I wanted to try for myself.  Unfortunately, I didn't have all the ingredients, so I combined a few recipes to come up with something similar.  It tastes good, but I'd like to keep experimenting...cause it's kinda fun! ;-)
Garlic and Herb Pull-Apart Biscuits
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
2/3 cup milk (I soured it with vinegar)
********
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon basil
3 garlic cloves

1. In a small bowl, combine, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.  Cut in 1/2 cup butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.  Beat egg with milk and stir into dry ingredients.

2. Turn onto a floured surface and knead several times.  Roll out and cut into 12 equal pieces.  Roll each piece into a ball and set aside.

3. Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in the parsley, rosemary, basil and garlic.  Roll each dough ball in the butter mixture and place in a 9 inch round cake pan.  Drizzle any remaining butter mixture over the dough balls.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until baked through.  Serve!

(If you would like to try the original recipe that I derived this from, go here.  It's yummy!)

I've linked up to Delicious Dish Tuesday, What's Cooking Wednesday and Melt in Your Mouth Monday:
Full Time Mama

whats-cooking-wednesday-image

8 comments:

Melanie Nelson said...

Oh my word, these look delicious! Bookmarking so I can try these. Thanks!

(PS Coming from UBP13 and following your comment link from Bloggy Giveaways. Thanks!)

Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Those look yummy! I love biscuits and they are so easy to make. :) Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Mandee said...

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They sound really yummy! Thank you.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh yum!!! I so miss carbs :)

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

YUM! I can do these too! :) I think I'll do this with our pasta dinner Saturday instead of buying bread. YAY! Thanks so much for sharing! DDT will have a link next week! :)

Iriemade said...

Oh my yum! Pinning these!!!

Amanda @ Coping with Frugality said...

Thank you so much for sharing these with Delicious Dish Tuesday. I am not much of a baker so experimenting with breads has me intimated. I will definitely try your tasty experiment though :) I am sharing it this week as my favorite recipe.

 
Blogging tips