Monday, November 24, 2008

Macy's 'A million Reasons to Believe'


I loved the 'made for TV' movie "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause", when I was younger. I think it was the sole reason I believed in Santa Clause until I was 12. (Yeah, I was kinda naive.) If you never saw it, you really missed out on a truly inspiring story about a girl's letter to the editor of the New York Sun asking about Santa's existence and the editor's subsequent response. Something that I didn't realize, until recently, was the movie was based on a true story, so even if you missed the movie, you can still read the article.

Well, someone at Macy's must have been as inspired as I was by the Virginia's story, because they are doing something really neat in honor of it. They are asking that not only children, but adults as well, write a letter, or wish, to Santa and bring it into Macy's. For every letter they receive, they will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish foundation up to $1,000,000. They will also have a 'Believe' meter that will continue to go up as they receive letters. So take a look at the article, get inspired, and write a letter to Santa this Christmas. You'll be helping make wishes come true :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. I never saw the movie but I did read the book. And how sweet that you believed in Santa until you were 12. I am surprised your friends didn't spoil it for you!

Claremont First Ward said...

I love the original letter. I wasn't aware of Macy's donation based on our purchaces and it's wonderful!

 
Blogging tips