Monday, May 24, 2010

Make Something Monday: Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Make Something Monday
On the same health kick that I mentioned last week, I also tried these cookies from the eatbetteramerica.com site. What I like about these is that that you get a nice chocolatey taste and they're more filling having all that oatmeal in them!


Double-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy vanilla yogurt (from 2-lb container)
  • 1 egg or 1/4 cup fat-free egg product
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 2/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
  • 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips


1. Heat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, mix sugar, butter, yogurt, egg and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
2. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 12 to 14 minutes.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Those sound Yummy !!! I love Choc but then again who doesn't , LOL. I think my kids would love them.
Have a great Monday !!!!! :)
Caroline

Together We Save said...

Oh my these sound wonderful!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

These sound really good. I put that link in my favorites. Thanks!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I made oatmeal cookies this weekend too :)

These are so much healthier and yummier looking!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

These do look delish! Would you make them again?

 
Blogging tips