Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Weekend with Aunt Katie (K-Key)

Morgan and I spent this last weekend with my sister while her boyfriend was out of town visiting family. We visited a lot of parks and playsets and did a bunch of walking-mostly so Morgan could ride her bike on pavement (only dirt roads around here) and partially to take Katie's dogs for a walk. When we weren't visiting parks we were doing all of this:

Morgan taking an afternoon break on Aunt Katie's bed and watching a movie.

Helping Aunt Katie bake the most delicious brownies ever! (Zingerman's Magic Brownies)

Playing at the mall play area.

Getting Morgan's hair cut for the very first time (in nearly 4 years).

Making a Brown Sugar Puppy, named Fluffy, at the Build-A-Bear Workshop. (We don't have one of those within an hour or more of our home, so it was a fun one-time experience.)

Giving her new puppy a bath.


Morgan with her new puppy all dressed up!


It was a nice little weekend getaway. Thank you Katie, for letting us come visit! :-)

10 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Darling haircut!

Cascia Talbert said...

It looks like she had a lot of fun. I love her new haircut!

Caroline said...

I love her haircut and looks like everyone had a blast.
Have a great day !!!
Caroline

Together We Save said...

Looks like you had a great time!! My girls loved Build-A-Bear when they were little!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGosh how fun was that! Brownies that sounds good right now :)

The Build a Bear with the works clothes and all talk about an awesome mom :)

Sounds like a great weekend! YEAH

Alexia said...

I've never been to a build a bear before - I bet the boys would love it!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fluffy is so cute! I like the haircut too! Have to try those brownies. So glad you had a nice weekend.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

It looks like you two had a fabulous time! Build A Bear is a special treat, I love the dog she made!

I tagged you on my blog http://flyinggigglesandlollipops.blogspot.com/2010/05/photo-tagged.html

I hope you join in!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

So fun! Love her haircut too!

Wendy said...

Loving the new haircut! I need to have Emily get her first cut ever! We have an Aunt Katy too (my hubby's sister).

I need to do build a bear, I have never taken the kids.

Glad you had a great weekend away!
(Was this in Ann Arbor/Chelsea area?)

 
Blogging tips