Monday, May 10, 2010

Make Something Monday: Meatball Sub Casserole

Make Something Monday

I saw this on Alexis's blog, Running Away? I'll Help You Pack, who got it from Alesha at The Jacobsen Family! If both of them and their families loved this, then I knew I HAD to try it!!! (Plus is just sounded delicious...and it WAS!) :-)


Meatball Sub Casserole

*1/3 cup chopped green onion, to taste
*1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
*3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
*1 lb ground beef
*1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
*8 ounces cream cheese, softened
*1/2 cup mayonnaise (not low-fat or lite)
*1 teaspoon italian seasoning
*1/4 teaspoon pepper
*2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
*1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
*1 cup water
*2 garlic cloves, minced

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
3. Add beef and mix well.
4. shape into 1-inch balls; place on a rack.
5. In a shall baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or cook in a skillet on medium heat.).
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
7. Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2" baking dish.
8. (All of the bread might not be used.).
9. Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
10. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
11. Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
12. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
13. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Yummy!
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Together We Save said...

Sounds so yummy!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I remember seeing this and it sounds wonderful. I must try it.
Allot of my favorite things are in it. I'm crazy for cheese!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Oh, that looks so good! It is so hard with my daughter's dairy sensitivities. Dishes like this are not the same without the cheese!

Caroline said...

Looks yummy !! Tonite I made the Corn Chili from last week. It was great , my son had 3 helpings.
Thanx so much.

Caroline

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh yes this was a yummy one!!! I'm so glad you tried it, you rock my dear. You don't know how much it means to me you try so many of my favorites!

XOXOX

Wendy said...

I am so going to make this soon! I have been in a rut lately and need add some new recipes into the mix.

 
Blogging tips