Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pepperoni Pizza Muffins

I had been craving pizza for quite a while recently. I kept hoping someone would want it around Christmas time, but no one did. I hadn't had it (except for a couple frozen pizzas) since sometime before my trip to Germany. I seriously can't even remember when! So lately anytime anyone said the word 'pizza', an ad came on the TV, anything, it made me want it even more! Finally, Rich and I ordered a couple from a local pizza place and I'm good now. The pizza was very satisfying and my craving is gone, but while I was still craving it, I had seen a recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Muffins that sounded delicious. I still wanted to try them, though, so I made them this morning!


Pepperoni Pizza Muffins

  • 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
  • 2 Tbsp chopped ripe olives
  • 1 Tbsp dried mince onion
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning

Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 muffins.Rich and I tried them and I love them! He still likes the Onion Cheese Biscuits better, but since I do the baking, we'll probably end up with more Pepperoni Pizza Muffins again before the Onion Cheese Biscuits :-) I think I'll try them with mushrooms and green pepper next time too, because you can add anything that you like on a pizza to the batter!

No comments:

 
Blogging tips