Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies

I tried another new recipe the other night, but this time it was from the Internet and not my new cookbook. :-) We were out of baked goodies and I had been wanting to try to make some cookies with zucchini. (If I have made them before, I don't remember!) I found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies on Recipezaar. The recipe looked good, sounded good and had good reviews, so I figured the cookies must be good! ;-)

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1-1/2 to 2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
  1. First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with Parchment paper.
  3. Next, cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into the butter mixture, gradually; mix well.
  5. Stir in the zucchini.
  6. Fold in walnuts (optional) and chocolate chips.
  7. Drop by teaspoonfuls with 2 inches between them onto the cookie sheets.
  8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  9. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to a wire rack to allow to cool completely.

This recipe made a bunch of cookies! It said that it made 96, but I ended up with about 82. I'm not surprised, though, I tend to make my cookies on the big side. :-) I figure each cookie is about 75 calories, which really is not too bad for a chocolate chip cookie! They have a really light cake-like texture to them that some people may not like, but Rich, Blake and I really like them. I haven't determined if Morgan actually likes them or not yet. The first one she had, she ate the whole thing, but with the second one she just dug all the chocolate chips out while I wasn't looking. I guess we'll see what happens with the next one! :-)

1 comment:

Cascia Talbert said...

Yummy! I still have some zucchini in the freezer from last summer. I should give these a try. Thanks for sharing!

 
Blogging tips