Friday, February 27, 2009

Rich's Recent Accomplishment

A little while ago I announced that Rich had passed his state professional surveying exam like it wasn't a big deal, when really it was and is! I was mostly trying to avoid embarrassing Rich. He really tries to be humble about his accomplishments, but I decided that I don't have to be! I'm really proud of him and excited for him!

So on January 31st Rich passed his state professional surveying exam. He had already passed the national exam and only needed to pass the state exam to become a professional surveyor (PS). It is a huge accomplishment! He has been working at becoming a professional surveyor for 10 years between college and an internship under another professional surveyor. I knew how exciting it would be for Rich to become a PS, but every little thing that has happened since, because of it, has added to that excitement. Here is the time line:
  • The Monday following the exam, he called to get his license and by that night the state had already posted his surveying number. He now had a number-very exciting!
  • Then the license came in the mail the following Saturday. More excitement!
  • Since he had his license, the next Monday he was able to order his rubber stamp and his embossing stamp(to stamp surveying papers). Yay!
  • That Tuesday he left for the Michigan Professional Surveying Conference and spent his first year at the conference as a PS. (Apparently it was very exciting, but I was not able to go with him. I hope to be with him next year when he is recognized at the banquet and receives a plaque!) :-)
  • The next Tuesday his stamps were done and he was able to pick them up. He also found out that he won 500 caps (things that go in the ground that show he was the one to do the survey) while at the conference. Winning something is always exciting and so were his stamps! (The embossing one is really cool!)
  • Last Friday, his place of employment had an announcement put in the local paper. We had to track the paper down when we found out, but he has a copy now. Even more excitement!

He has also gotten cards and letters of congratulations, offers to be taken to dinner or out for a drink to celebrate and even gifts. I knew it was a big deal, but this has been a real whirlwind of (yeah, I know I said it a million times already) excitement! The buzz has dwindled down now, but I wanted to share a little of what has been going on here this last month. I, again, am really proud of Rich and I am happy to be his 'other half' enjoying everything right along with him!

3 comments:

Alexia said...

That's awesome! I can't believe all the hoopla surrounding him getting a license!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Congratulations to Rich, amazing accomplishments. You should be proud!

Cascia Talbert said...

Congratulations to Rich! That is exciting!

 
Blogging tips