Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More Pumpkin Goodness

Since I am such a huge fan of pumpkin baked goods and I personally have several pumpkins that I need to cook up, I plan on making a couple of my favorite pumpkin recipes in the next couple weeks. I have already cooked one pumpkin and made a Pumpkin Cake that I blogged about here. Besides that, I also want to make a Pumpkin Coconut Bread and a Pumpkin Upside-down Cake. I'm sure I'm not the only pumpkin lover. I know there are others who would love to try these recipes, so I posted them below. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Coconut Bread
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1.5 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 cups pumpkin
  • 4 well-beaten eggs
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 2 packages (3 oz. each) instant Coconut Cream Pie filling

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into 2 loaf pans. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.

Pumpkin Upside-down Cake

Filling

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cans (1 pound size) pumpkin
  • 1.25 cups sugar
  • 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ginger

Topping

  • 1 package yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup melted oleo
  • 1 cup walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Make filling: beat eggs, add remaining ingredients. Pour into ungreased 13x9x2 pan.

2. For the topping, sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the filling. Drizzle butter evenly over cake mix.

3. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle nuts on top and return to oven. Bake 30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown.

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Well crud I thought I already saw this and commented. Ok saving it :)

 
Blogging tips