Friday, March 5, 2010

Homemade Cheese Crackers

A couple weeks ago I came across a recipe to make your own cheese crackers and Trendy Treehouse and after reading through the instructions I thought it would be something fun to do with Morgan, so we did our best! :-) (Please visit the above link if you would like the recipe as well.)

Pooring in the most important ingredient.

Proudly helping Mommy mix the dough.

Wrapped up to be refridgerated for 30 minutes.

Morgan practicing her scissor skills by 'helping' Mommy cut coupons while waiting for the dough to come out of the fridge. (She cut the ones that I didn't need, but she didn't know that!)

Making the 'snakes' with the dough that we then cut into round crackers.

Poking the holes in the crackers.

Finished crackers right out of the oven.

Our taste tester.

We made the crackers with whole wheat flour which turned out to be a bad idea! It really dried the dough out and make it hard to work with-it kept wanting to fall apart. I felt bad for Morgan because she couldn't really make the 'snakes' like I was hoping she'd be able to. Plus it took forever, because I had to work the dough so much just to get it to stick. They tasted good in the end though! :-)

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Pass the yummies, guys!!
Hugs, andrea

Pam said...

Your kiddies are so cute!

Nice job on the crackers, they look great!

xoxo

Marissa said...

You always come up with such yummy sounding things! You really can't go wrong with anything that involves cheese :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad they tasted okay. I'm not sure I'm up for all the work involved but a great project with your children.

Cascia Talbert said...

That looks so good! You have two pretty good helpers there too!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Just Jenn said...

too funny! I change out the flour alot and end up with dry breads !! I wonder if I will ever learn! glad they were tasty... not sure i am brave enough to make my own crackers! Newly following!
Just Jenn~

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OH yum! You know I've been hearing people do half reg and half whole wheat.

They sure look delish! What a great idea to do with the kids!! Thanks girlie!

HUGS, hope you're having a great night!

Unknown said...

I am glad they turned out great. It is the worst to make something and have it not taste right. I would have gone for whole wheat flour too.

Nicole Feliciano said...

You have such good helpers in the kitchen.

 
Blogging tips