Thursday, March 11, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Fun #3: Torn Paper Shamrocks

I found this craft, through a general search for preschool St. Patrick's Day activities, on the site Preschool Education.com. The hardest part of the Torn Paper Shamrocks was trying to get a decent looking shamrock drawn on the paper. The rest was simple and fun! Morgan had no problem tearing the paper, then I'd put some glue on each piece and she'd place them. I assisted a little at the end to cover a couple white spots along the edge. (Morgan wasn't very daring and kept all the pieces toward the middle so she wouldn't cross the lines--LOL!) It turned out so cute, we even put together a little backing/frame for it! :-)

Morgan tearing the paper.

Carefully placing each little piece of paper.

Morgan was so proud that she wanted to take a picture...

Morgan with her finished shamrock.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful shamrock!
andrea

Just Jenn said...

That is SO cute!!! I guess I should do some kind of cool craft for St.Patty's day, eh?!! ;)
and maybe study Ireland a little?!
we might do this craft !! love it!
except I think ours should be 4 leaf? ya think?? ha ha!

Just Jenn~ seizing my day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She did a great job. Cute idea.

Alexia said...

Now that I can make LOL The boys would probably really enjoy it...they like glue.

Alexia said...

Now that I can make LOL The boys would probably really enjoy it...they like glue.

Caroline said...

I love it have to let the girls do this over the weekend. Great idea , Thanx :)
Caroline

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Wow she did a GREAT job, Cole made something like this for school love it!

 
Blogging tips